08 April 2011

Casting on the Dale of Norway Lake Louise Sweater

Well, it took a while. The yarn was very uncooperative for the cast-on: it insisted on un-twisting just 20 stitches in. I threw it. I had a beer. I undid it. I rewound a skein. I looked at it from the corner of my eye. I had another beer. I posted for help on Ravelry because THIS IS A BIG CAST ON!

The sweater is bottom up, and starts with just under an inch of ribbing. So I want it to look neat.

Here's what it is supposed to look like, finished:


Finally, I got them all on this morning at my Friday knitting group.

I'm not sure if it will take, I'm not the biggest fan of 1x1 ribbing. I might pull it all out and start again after a few rows in, and re-cast on using a tubular with waste yarn, and twisted rib instead of plain k1p1. But I am anxious to get going, so I do hope the first successful cast on is the last successful cast on ;)

378 stitches per row, on 47" circs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment