08 April 2011

The Eternally In-Progress Sock


I started the Monkey sockswith the best intentions. The plan was something vaguely realistic like a sock per week.

Shyeah.

I sidetracked myself with a Hollis sweater for Katja. And lots of ideas of other things. And I tried knitting another LTKA square with the evil orange acryilic that just won't knit up into anything, because it's evil. And orange.

The sock yarn (knitpicks stroll multi in hearth) are also oran
ge-ish, but a much nicer orange. Plus, it is not acrylic.

But I do wish I was making more progress. I love the way the pattern is coming out, but I am not necessarily enjoying the knitting of the pattern...

So far, I have turned the heel, and done a few decreases to get to the foot. I like straight knitting, so I'm not too sure if I will actually be doing a lot of pairs of fancy socks...


No comments:

Post a Comment